BIG LOVE BLOG- Our story of love and family

-

Monday, January 17, 2011

Change


Today we remember Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to sit down and have a conversation with him? Why was he so committed to the cause? What made him take action when so many people looked the other way? Even people who hated what was happening...What made him stand so firm for what he believed in? Guts? Yep, but so much more than that. A passion for justice and equality? Yep, but more than that also. I personally believe it was his deep relationship with God and his unfailing desire to see change....SEE CHANGE.
How crazy the stuff we fill our lives with...Do these boots match this dress? -CHANGE- Should I buy some more stuff? Wow, I feel terrible that I have missed so many days at the gym. I should really get my butt back there. -CHANGE- I will do it..Tomorrow. I am just tired today and too busy with all of my other distractions. -CHANGE-Who are my friends? Real friends, Who can I trust? Are my kids happy? Am I a good mom?-CHANGE ALREADY!- Wow, I am kind of wandering around aimlessly today, better go to Target and get some more stuff. When I am not sure what to do Target is always the answer. _COME ON!-The days and weeks just seem to slip by and it is like I am not even in the moment. I am so DISTRACTED...I AM SO VAIN....I AM SO RIDICULOUS.
Really? Yes, it is me from time to time. Weight is something I don't spend time stressing about-but I know a lot of you can add that to your list. I have so so many more for the list, that I am not willing to post.
All of these useless distractions we focus on as time passes us by....People are dying, hurting, sad, starving, and lonely...and we worry about this stuff.
I have my own dream also...I don't want distractions to rule my life. I want to take MORE action and I WILL. Join me and let's agree to open our eyes to what is happening in the world-even with the pain, & stop focusing on our stuff. WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD...What is holding you back?
Random Thoughts and All-

No comments: