BIG LOVE BLOG- Our story of love and family

-

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What Makes Me Tick...



Hi all!
What an awesome day in our little space in this world! It has been snowing, for the first time this winter without all of the ice!
I have been reading a lot of other families blogs lately and I (as always) have been thinking. It seems that several conversations come up about us choosing to adopt. I wish I could explain to people exactly what Bianca has done for my life...Man, this is living! It seems that I am beginning to realize that part of my mission in life is to make a difference for kids in this world that need a voice. That is why I am so passionate about educating people on the issues in Africa, sharing our story of adoption, and just looking at life in general a bit differently than I have before.
Do I think adoption is once again in our future??? Heck yeah!
I know God has a much bigger plan than I can see or try to wrap my head around, but the best way I can explain how I feel is to say that I am excited about what God has for our family's future. Is anything in the works at this point?...No, but God is big so I can hardly wait to see what happens.
I have been reading so many verses lately I wanted to just post this to give you an idea of what has really moved me:

Psalm 82:3 – Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

And for me, this verse kind of just continues to rock my world....

"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act..." Proverbs 24:12

God is good and just and he has a purpose for everyone and everything in life. I am just here to be a part of it.

Much Love-Chantelle

1 comment:

Cheri said...

WoW! Your post touched my heart. I am glad I get to have you in my little world! Cheri