I have been waiting until some of the adoption info came through to post this, and I have been anxious to get it up and running. A few months ago, Eric-(my husband) and his best friend (Justin) started Water4Water, a bottled water company where ALL proceeds go toward clean drinking water for Africa! We are soooo excited about this. Justin is a really awesome guy and God really got ahold of him and gave him the idea. Who does not drink bottled water these days? And how awesome if we could CHOOSE to buy water that actually makes a difference for those in need? Sounds right up most of our alleys! Okay, we are not, at least for now competing with Evian, or Dasani, but we are making our goals HUGE! So far it has really taken on a life of it's own in our local area. We are excited to see events choosing to buy Water4Water to make a difference for Africa. We are also seeing local restaurants, churches, gyms, & other businesses choosing to buy Water4Water as their bottle water vendor. A $1 donation per bottle and ALL proceeds go to providing clean drinking water for Africa. Right now all of our proceeds are being directed to Blood Water Mission- a great organization started by Jars of Clay.
Coming up next week we are a sponsor for the Young Nashville Party that Creative Artist Agency is putting on. My sister got us the connection as she is a rocker and CAA is her agency. We are soo excited about this. Personally, I am hoping that artists see this product and look at taking it on tour. Everyone should be standing for something and I think so many people TRULY want to make a difference! No matter what the plan, God has it figured out and I LOVE knowing that. We have been amazed at how many doors have opened up to utilize Water4Water already. And what I love even more is that people are becoming aware of the daily realities for our people in Africa.
Here are some of the realities I am speaking about concerning water:
* In developing countries, about 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation issues
* 1 out of every 4 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide is due to water related disease
* Over 1/3 of the world's population has no access to sanitation facilities.
* Women and young girls walk as many as 6 miles a day to fetch water.
* In a world of unprecedented wealth, almost 2MILLION children die each year due to lack of clean water and inadequate sanitation
* Of all of the renewable water in Africa each year, only 4% is used because most African villages lack wells, canals, pumps, reservoirs & other irrigation systems
God can use regular people to do big things, and that is what I am fully expecting. I could not be happier that Eric and Justin have moved forward with this and I can only imagine what is to come! Look for another awesome organization I will be posting soon that a group of crazy women (me included) have started to create...Room For One More...
To Much Love and Thinking Outside the Box!