BIG LOVE BLOG- Our story of love and family

-

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Not Okay With Me....

I have been blown away over the past 3 days. I had a new friend tell me about a book that I HAD to read...I will be the first to admit- I rarely finish a book! I read about half way through and get distracted or move on to another "must read". I will say-and Eric can testify to this...I read this book within 2 days...And I would have read it in one sitting..but an almost 2 year old exists here, so it was not possible.
It rocked my world. I wanted to post about it yesterday but I was not sure what to even say about it... and I am still at a loss for the appropriate words.
IT'S NOT OKAY WITH ME -written by Janine Maxwell -The book I am speaking of. Have you ever read something and felt like it was written with you in mind? That is how I feel about this book, and the author-what an awesome woman. I am so happy that I slowed down enough to read this book. It has wrecked my world...in the right way.
It is tough to read, and yet so needed by everyone.
Janine Maxwell along with her husband also run Heart For Africa which is an awesome organization in itself. Take a look at what they are doing. Isn't it wild how God puts people, conversations, situations in our paths?...At just the right time?
If for no other reason, get this book if you have been feeling a bit sorry for yourself lately (I do this sometimes...I am sure I am the only one), or down on your luck...This is a good reality check for all of us.
If you feel like you are not doing something to make a difference in life....Let this book expose you to severe need and also give you an avenue to get involved.
I will have to write more later....Still porcessing.
Much Love-Chantelle

No comments: