BIG LOVE BLOG- Our story of love and family

-

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

THE DAY HAS COME!!!!! WE ARE OUTTTA THERE!!!!!!


Holy Schnickeys!!!!! We are OUT!!!!! I can still hardly believe it! I got home yesterday and checked my email around 3pm...Our agency had sent the email 1 minute before I logged on....I read it 10 times and still could hardly believe it! We also got an email from our attorney around the same time so I knew it was FOR REAL!!!! I got in the car and drive like a maniac to Eric's office to tell him and we laughed and cried our eyes out!!! Praise God! I am still in shock...It is finally here! Bianca is coming home!!!!
Okay, so to give you the details of what has to happen now...
-She will be getting her new Birth Certificate (7-10 days)
-She will get a new DNA test- New requirement from the US Embassy (7-10 days)
-Her paperwork will be submitted to the US Embassy to process and we will receive the coveted PINK which will give us her appointment date for us in Guatemala City (Not sure, a couple more weeks)
So I am thinking 4 weeks...on the generous side. Then Bianca will come home and be a US CITIZEN!!!!!!! And she will live with us forever more!!!WAHOOO!!!! I cannot express in writing how I feel today...I am still pinching myself! We are just sooo happy and I can hardly wait to get my hands on that little squirt!
I have called some of you and I know others of you will read this on the blog. I just want to thank you all for your love and support as we have waited so long for this day to come. Now the wait will be short and sweet! I will post much more later and let you know as we learn more.
Much love to you all-Chantelle

1 comment:

Krista said...

Congrats! I saw your announcement on the adoption.com board. Here's to a speedy pink. Hope we are close behind you (waiting impatiently for our OUT).